Access and Login
All current UCF students and alumni can access Handshake by logging in with their NID and password.
In Handshake you have access to apply for thousands of internships, jobs and other opportunities. You can easily RSVP for events or sign-up for an on-campus interview. You can also store your resume, cover letter, and other documents to use for each application. Handshake is customizable to your needs, by entering your career interests, you can see relevant positions that matter most to you.
To get started, you MUST watch the orientation video above and accept our terms & conditions before you are given access to Handshake, if you do not do this you will not be able to access any features. You will need your PID to complete these terms.
Once you complete these two steps, you will receive access to Handshake by noon on the following business day. If you still cannot get in to Handshake, please call Experiential Learning at (407)823-2667.
Final step: Complete your profile, and include information that you would like to be visible to employers.
University-approved employers can search and contact students that have made their profile public. When a student first creates a Handshake account, they can choose to make their profile public or private and they can change their profile visibility settings at any time through their User Dashboard. Your GPA is never public unless you expressly opt-in to make it public.
- Job – a paid, part or full time professional position, that may be hourly or salaried.
- Internship – a single semester, major related, paid or unpaid opportunity that may be used for academic credit. Only open to current students
- Co-op – a multi-semester, major related, paid position. At UCF, there are two types of co-ops. An ‘EL Signature Co-op’ where academic registration is required and others that are not. Only open to current students.
- Volunteer – unpaid, non-credit, part time or temporary position. May also include job shadowing opportunities.
Click Your Applications on the left navigation bar. Click on the job(s) that you would like to withdraw your application from. If your application status has been changed to primary, alternate, hired or declined you will not be able to withdraw your application. Reach out to UCF Career Services or Experiential Learning and request that your application is withdrawn. Click here for more info.
If you have applied to a job that is hosting an interview on campus and you would like to see if you have been selected for an interview you can select Interviews on the left hand navigation bar. Here you can search for interviews that you have applied to. Next, you will need to review the timeline of the interview. If the interview is open for taking slots you can clickTake Slot. Click here for more info.
Use Handshake or call the appropriate office you wish to visit: (407)823-2361 for Career Services and (407)823-2667 for Experiential Learning.
- Click on the Handshake logo in the top left corner which will take you to the student dashboard
- Click Appointments on the left hand navigation bar
- You will see the option to pick a category and type of appointment
- Select the category and type of appointment you are interested in scheduling
- You will be taken to the next available appointment times once you have selected an appointment category and type
- Click on a time that works for you or click on staff member to see the availability of different staff members
- Enter details about the appointment in the What can we help you with? section and then click Request at the bottom of the screen. You will be taken to the overview of the appointment where you can cancel the appointment or add comments before the appointment
- Make sure that you check your notifications for updates to the status of your appointment
- Click Fairs on the left navigation bar
- Click on the number of Employer Registrations
- From the employer preview page select the fields you would like to filter the employers on
- If you edit an existing document associated with an application:
- The edit will be reflected in the application
- This includes changing the file uploaded for that document, changes to the name, etc.
- Note that if the employer has already downloaded applications and documents, that they will not see the updated version
- If you delete a document associated with an application:
- You will not be able to view or recover this through your list of documents
- The document will still be associated with its applications
- A deleted document cannot be retrieved if you must resubmit your application